Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This came from a newspaper clipping. Really easy chicken dish with strong artichoke and tomato flavors and good old Green Goddess dressing.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into halves or thirds)
- 15 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup Annie's Goddess Dressing (or use good quality creamy Italian or Caesar dressing)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts in a large baking pan with sides. Add artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes.
- Whisk together water and dressing. Pour over chicken and vegetables. Turn the chicken several times to coat.
- Bake the chicken, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes (or until cooked through), flipping chicken once and spooning the sauce over it during baking.
Yums! I made this as a Sunday dinner. Mine was not low-fat, as I used the Kraft Seven Seas Green Goddess Dressing. Those of you from my generation will remember your parents using this dressing on salads! They quit making it, I thought, but NOT! More on that at the end of my review... This dish was wonderful, and having unexpected company to boot. Our son and his fiance happened by and we had a wonderful dinner together. The sauce was tangy and just right with the buttered linguine I served. This recipe is a keeper, and restaurant quality, we think! Thanks, Zettty! You can get the old fashioned Green Goddess dressing at VermontCountryStore.com. The company only makes a little bit because of the few LOUD people that want it, and it's very expensive, but we like the stuff so much that we pay. I've tried to get it right at home but could never get it quite right.
This is so delicious! It's incredibly simple and pretty healthy as well! I used frozen chicken breasts, putting them in the oven naked until they were thawed, then preparing according to the directions. I used less water because the frozen chicken produces a bit more water. Thank you, I'll be making this again!!!