Recipe by Kurt Godden
People have told me that this chili could win contests. We make this for our traditional Christmas eve dinner.
Top Review by going_nutzz
I have a very picky family. So it is hard to please them. I made you chili and it went over with a BANG!!!!! Also, this was extremely simply to make. I had just about everything at home already. Thanks for the receipe.
- 3 lbs ground round
- 4 cups beef broth (or buillon)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot dried red pepper (optional)
- grated cheddar cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put beef broth or buillon on low heat to simmer.
- While broth heats up, brown ground beef and drain excess fat, add to broth.
- While beef is browning, chop onion, add to broth.
- Add tomato paste, chili beans to broth.
- Add garlic, chili powder, oregano, basil, cumin.
- Add red peppers, salt, pepper, if desired.
- Simmer at least 2 hours.
- Serve with grated cheese on top.
- You can omit the red pepper and/or change the chili powder to teaspoons, if you like yours milder.