A traditional Korean barbeque flavor but done with chicken thighs cooked on the stove top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 -6 green onions (1-inch slices green onion tops, thinly sliced green onion bottoms)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce red chili paste (gochujang)
- 1 ounce soy sauce
- 1 ounce wine
- 1 ounce brown sugar
- 1 ounce corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon korean red chili pepper flakes (gochugaru)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced ginger
- 1Cut the chicken thighs into bite size pieces.
- 2To prepare marinate mix all the following ingredients (gochujang, soy sauce, wine, brown sugar, sesame oil, minced garlic, gochugaru black pepper and ginger) in a medium glass bowl.
- 3Mix all marinade ingredients well.
- 4Place sliced chicken thighs, green onion in with the marinate; toss and press meat into bowl. Top with sliced onion.
- 5Marinate in refrigerator for 2-6 hours.
- 6Heat 2 tdsp of oil in a cast iron skillet or wok. Grab most (all if you can) of the onions out of bowl; squeeze marinate out. Add onions to skillet and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- 7Drain marinate (into sink) out of chicken/green onions and add to onions; cook on medium high. Cook until the chicken is cooked through and slightly caramelized.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gochujang Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.0
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 188.8 mg
- Sodium 631.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 46.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red chili paste