Recipe by StarOfWhiteLight
A traditional Korean barbeque flavor but done with chicken thighs cooked on the stove top.
- 2 -3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 -6 green onions (1-inch slices green onion tops, thinly sliced green onion bottoms)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce red chili paste (gochujang)
- 1 ounce soy sauce
- 1 ounce wine
- 1 ounce brown sugar
- 1 ounce corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon korean red chili pepper flakes (gochugaru)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely minced ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken thighs into bite size pieces.
- To prepare marinate mix all the following ingredients (gochujang, soy sauce, wine, brown sugar, sesame oil, minced garlic, gochugaru black pepper and ginger) in a medium glass bowl.
- Mix all marinade ingredients well.
- Place sliced chicken thighs, green onion in with the marinate; toss and press meat into bowl. Top with sliced onion.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 2-6 hours.
- Heat 2 tdsp of oil in a cast iron skillet or wok. Grab most (all if you can) of the onions out of bowl; squeeze marinate out. Add onions to skillet and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drain marinate (into sink) out of chicken/green onions and add to onions; cook on medium high. Cook until the chicken is cooked through and slightly caramelized.