Hungarian Gypsy's Note:
This is a cookie my best friends mom made during the holidays growing up in Pennsylvania.It is a chocolate cake like cookie with a creamy filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1COOKIES: preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Take one cup of milk in saucepan and heat to just before a simmer and add one teaspoon of vinegar.This makes sour milk need for the mix.
- 3Add one cup boiling water to sour milk, set aside.
- 4In large mixing bowl combine one cup shortening two cups of sugar and eggs and cream together.
- 5In separate bowl combine four cups flour,1/2 teaspoon salt, one teaspoon baking powder, two teaspoons baking soda, and 1/2 cup cocoa.
- 6Alternating milk and flour mixture add to egg mixture til all ingredients combined well.
- 7Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
- 8Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
- 9Let cool.
- 11In small saucepan combine one cup milk and two tablespoons cornstarch heat on low to medium heat stirring constantly until thick.
- 12Let cool.
- 13In mixing bowl cream together one cup sugar 1/2 cup shortening, 1/2 cup butter or margarine, and one teaspoon vanilla.
- 14Add milk mixture in small amounts until all is incorporated.
- 15Beat until creamy and no grit from sugar.
- 16(you can add food coloring for looks).
- 17place filling between two cookies and enjoy.
- 18These cookies freeze well.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gobs ( Cookie)
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.5
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 104.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 1.4 g