Recipe by dicentra
This recipe is my own creation and a signature recipe from One Pan Wonders - Backcountry Cooking at Its Finest: http://www.onepanwonders.com My hiking buddies and I hiked in and met our friend Mike on the last day of his solo 31-day cross country Olympic National Park trek. The recipe is named for him: GoBlueHiker is his trail name. We brought him dinner, wine and candy. Stories and laughter flowed all night.
- 1 (8 ounce) box macaroni and white cheddar cheese mix
- 1 cup dried whole corn
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 8 ounces smoked salmon (or 1 foil package of salmon or tuna)
Directions See How It's Made
- At home: take the pasta from the box and place in one zipper bag with the corn.
- In a second zipper bag place the dried basil and cheese packet. Carry the salmon separately.
- In camp: bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain, leaving a little bit of the hot water in the pan. Add the basil, cheese packet and salmon. Stir to combine.