Recipe by PSU Lioness
I made this gruesome little appetizer for my son's 11th birthday party with a "gross out" theme and they were a huge hit. I got the idea from a recipe on the Disney Family Fun website and twisted it a little to get this. They look just like little toes with overgrown toenails but they sure didn't taste as bad as that sounds! They didn't last very long (I only got to eat ONE) and when they were gone, the kids kept asking for more. They would also make a good addition to a Halloween party.
- 453.59 g package cocktail franks
- 453.59 g package cream cheese
- 50 sliced pimentos, drained (approximately)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the cocktail franks according to package directions to ensure food safety. Let cool.
- Cut a 1/4" square notch on the side near the end of each cocktail frank (see the picture). This will be the "toenail bed.".
- Spread a little bit of cream cheese on the "toenail bed" area.
- Place a pimento on top of the cream cheese to represent the "toenail.".
- Skewer each "toe" with a toothpick to keep it from rolling around.
- Make about an hour before you plan on serving them or the cream cheese gets crusty, which adds to the gross out factor but not the taste.