Recipe by tweetyfan
Another Halloween recipe.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
I was about to share the recipe for these yummy Halloween cookies but this version is basically the same one I use so I am sharing a review instead. They are easy and very tasty and very cute. I like them with chocolate chips in the batter and raisins as the eyes.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup candy orange slices, diced
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 cup raisins
- additional raisins or chocolate chips or candy orange slices
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in oats, cereal, orange slices and chips or raisins.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a fork. Decorate with raisin or chocolate chip eyes and orange slice mouths. Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes. Cool on wire racks.