Cualiflower filled Flat bread - Sanjeev Kapoor Recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups dusting whole wheat flour (atta)
- for dusting whole wheat flour (atta)
- 2 tablespoons ghee, to shallow fry
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander leaves
- 2 -3 sprigs fresh mint leaves, a few sprigs
- 3 green chilies
- 1/2 inch gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon mango powder (amchur) or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1Mix together salt and flour and rub in two tablespoons of ghee, then add enough water to make a stiff dough.
- 2Keep covered for fifteen to twenty minutes. Wash and grate cauliflower. Clean, wash and finely chop coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- 3Remove stems, wash and crush green chillies. Peel, wash and grate ginger.
- 4Mix these ingredients together adding lemon juice, salt to taste and red chilli powder. Divide dough in lemon-sized balls, roll out each ball into a medium thick flat circle (flat bread)using flour for dusting.
- 5Spread the cauliflower mixture on half of one bread and cover with the other half and seal the edges.
- 6Sprinkle a little flour on top, and roll the semi-circle a little taking care not to break it.
- 7Alternatively, pat with fingers. Heat a tawa and cook the parantha on both sides.
- 8Shallow fry to golden brown using a little butter. Serve hot with butter and a bowl of raita.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gobi Paratha (Cauliflower Filled Flat Bread)
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.6
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 16.3 mg
- Sodium 53.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.1 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 15.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh coriander leaves
fresh mint leaves