Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cualiflower filled Flat bread - Sanjeev Kapoor Recipe
Make and share this Gobi Paratha (Cauliflower Filled Flat Bread) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups dusting whole wheat flour (atta)
- for dusting whole wheat flour (atta)
- 2 tablespoons ghee, to shallow fry
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh coriander leaves
- 2 -3 sprigs fresh mint leaves, a few sprigs
- 3 green chilies
- 1⁄2 inch gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon mango powder (amchur) or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- Mix together salt and flour and rub in two tablespoons of ghee, then add enough water to make a stiff dough.
- Keep covered for fifteen to twenty minutes. Wash and grate cauliflower. Clean, wash and finely chop coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Remove stems, wash and crush green chillies. Peel, wash and grate ginger.
- Mix these ingredients together adding lemon juice, salt to taste and red chilli powder. Divide dough in lemon-sized balls, roll out each ball into a medium thick flat circle (flat bread)using flour for dusting.
- Spread the cauliflower mixture on half of one bread and cover with the other half and seal the edges.
- Sprinkle a little flour on top, and roll the semi-circle a little taking care not to break it.
- Alternatively, pat with fingers. Heat a tawa and cook the parantha on both sides.
- Shallow fry to golden brown using a little butter. Serve hot with butter and a bowl of raita.