Gobi Paratha (Cauliflower Filled Flat Bread)
- Mix together salt and flour and rub in two tablespoons of ghee, then add enough water to make a stiff dough.
- Keep covered for fifteen to twenty minutes. Wash and grate cauliflower. Clean, wash and finely chop coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Remove stems, wash and crush green chillies. Peel, wash and grate ginger.
- Mix these ingredients together adding lemon juice, salt to taste and red chilli powder. Divide dough in lemon-sized balls, roll out each ball into a medium thick flat circle (flat bread)using flour for dusting.
- Spread the cauliflower mixture on half of one bread and cover with the other half and seal the edges.
- Sprinkle a little flour on top, and roll the semi-circle a little taking care not to break it.
- Alternatively, pat with fingers. Heat a tawa and cook the parantha on both sides.
- Shallow fry to golden brown using a little butter. Serve hot with butter and a bowl of raita.