Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this when looking something to do with the cauliflower. I made this up from 3 recipes with the same name. It is more mild Indian dish.
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 pinch asafoetida powder (be careful not too use too much!)
- 2 medium chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder (depends on the heat level you like)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets.
- Heat oil on medium high heat in a large pan or wok and add the cumin seeds.
- When they start to make a noise, add the asafoetida and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the chopped onions and saute till they turn clear.
- Put in the ginger and garlic pastes and fry till lightly golden.
- Add the chilli and turmeric powder and fry for a minute.
- Add the cauliflower, salt and tomatoes and mix well.
- Cover and cook till the cauliflower is done.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves and the garam masala and mix well.
- Taste and add salt if needed.
- Serve with freshly cooked rice.
Great curry! I used way less chili than suggested because I can't stand it really hot, but it was still very flavourful. For the coriander leaves I used Vietnamese coriander because that's what I had on hand. Thanks for posting :)<br/>Made for PAC Spring 2014
Great way to dress up cauliflower. I love using "dry curry" methods for vegies, and this is one of the better ones I have tried. Spices were just right, and turned out very colorful, too! Made for Fall 2012 PAC game.
This was really good. I like cauliflower, but it can be kind of bland. This really woke it up, and made a very pretty dish to put on the table as well. The blend of spices worked really well. I used a couple of roma tomatoes from the garden, cherry tomatoes cut in half would probably work well, too. I sliced the onions thinly, instead of chopping them, which I think looks better on the plate. Made for ZWT8.