A Bombay Specialty
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups wheat flour
- 225 g cauliflower
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, de-seeded and chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons oil
- water (for kneading)
- ghee (for shallow frying) or oil (for shallow frying)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1Clean, wash and grate cauliflower.
- 2Place in a bowl and pour hot water.
- 3Leave for 5 minutes.
- 5Squeeze the water out.
- 6Add lime juice, chilli, 1 tsp salt, corriander, onions and ginger.
- 7Mix well.
- 8Divide into 12 parts.
- 9Sift wheat flour with 1 tsp salt.
- 10Rub in margarine.
- 11Slowly add water and make a soft dough.
- 12Cover with a damp cloth.
- 13Keep aside for 20 minutes.
- 14Knead the dough again.
- 15Divide into 12 round balls.
- 16Roll out each into a round disc of 4" diameter.
- 17Place 1 portion of cauliflower mixture on each disc.
- 18Close up bringing the sides together carefully, shape into ball again.
- 19Place each ball on a floured board and roll out into 5" diameter.
- 20Smear with ghee or oil, one at a time.
- 21Shallow fry on a hot griddle until both sides are golden-brown in colour.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gobi ka Paratha
Serving Size: 1 (592 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.5
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 570.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.1 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 15.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: