Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
A Bombay Specialty
Top Review by artistclogger
Very yummy flat bread! I have made this twice--once cooked in a heavy pan on the stove and the other on a griddle. The former tasted better and had a better texture. The only changes I made were to add a few shakes of cayenne and the run the ginger through a garlic press rather than chopping it. Thank you, Charishma, for sharing this recipe. I cooked it for a group of friends who enjoyed it very much and my DH loves it!
- 4 cups wheat flour
- 225 g cauliflower
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, de-seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 inch ginger, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons oil
- water (for kneading)
- ghee (for shallow frying) or oil (for shallow frying)
- 2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean, wash and grate cauliflower.
- Place in a bowl and pour hot water.
- Leave for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the water out.
- Add lime juice, chilli, 1 tsp salt, corriander, onions and ginger.
- Mix well.
- Divide into 12 parts.
- Sift wheat flour with 1 tsp salt.
- Rub in margarine.
- Slowly add water and make a soft dough.
- Cover with a damp cloth.
- Keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Knead the dough again.
- Divide into 12 round balls.
- Roll out each into a round disc of 4" diameter.
- Place 1 portion of cauliflower mixture on each disc.
- Close up bringing the sides together carefully, shape into ball again.
- Place each ball on a floured board and roll out into 5" diameter.
- Smear with ghee or oil, one at a time.
- Shallow fry on a hot griddle until both sides are golden-brown in colour.