Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
One of my favourites!
Make and share this Gobhi(Cauliflower) Musallam recipe from Food.com.
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1⁄2 cup tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons oil
- cilantro, chopped,for garnishing
- Remove stalk from cauliflowers.
- Boil cauliflower in salted water with 1 tsp.
- turmeric powder till half cooked.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add onions and saute until golden brown in colour.
- Add ginger and garlic pastes, cumin powder, corriander powder, 1 tsp.
- turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt.
- Stir for half a minute.
- Add tomato puree.
- Cook till oil leaves the masala.
- Add the half boiled cauliflower.
- Cook on steam for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with rotis (Indian flatbreads).
Excellent recipe! I've been looking for an alternative to Aloo Gobhi as we're on a low carb diet. This one definitely fits the bill. Thank you again Charishma for another terrific recipe.