Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
The holiday treats are cute, sweet and made from all kinds of goodies youngsters love to nibble on. This recipe makes a big batch of tempting turkeys, so there are plenty for snacking and sharing. These festive fall treats also would make fun favors at each place setting on your Thanksgiving table—if your family doesn't gobble them up first!
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 28 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate frosting
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) package candy corn
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add marshmallows; stir over low heat until melted. Stir in cereal. Cool for 10 minutes. With buttered hands, form cereal mixture into 1-1/2-in. balls. Twist apart sandwich cookies; spread frosting on the inside of cookies.
- Place 28 cookie halves under cereal balls to form the base for each turkey. Place three pieces of candy corn in a fan pattern on remaining cookie halves; press each half onto a cereal ball to form the tail. Attach remaining candy corn with frosting to form turkey's head.