Recipe by Sharon123
This is a great way to disguise leftovers! Adapted from RazzleDazzle Recipes. Enjoy!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Definitely tagged this recipe to make right after Thanksgiving ~ Easy to prepare & OH, so tasty! I did substitute some diced carrots for the mushrooms, but other than that the recipe was followed right on down! It's always nice to find a great recipe like this that can be prepared instead of just setting out all the left overs as is! Thanks so much! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 2 1⁄2 cups turkey gravy
- 3 cups cooked turkey, chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, divided
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning, divided
- 2 1⁄4 cups buttermilk reduced-fat baking mix
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk, plus
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- In a 3-quart saucepan combine gravy, turkey, peas, mushrooms, chopped dried tomato, water, 1 tablespoon of the parsley and 1/2 teaspoon of the poultry seasoning. Stir occasionally over medium low heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in bowl combine the baking mix, the remaining parsley and poultry seasoning, the pepper and milk. Mix just to blend thoroughly.
- Pour turkey mixture into shallow 2-quart casserole or 9-inch square baking dish. Top it with baking mix mixture, dropping with tablespoon in six equal mounds. Place on baking sheet and bake about 20 minutes until turkey mixture is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Enjoy!
- Makes 6 servings.