Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great way to disguise leftovers! Adapted from RazzleDazzle Recipes. Enjoy!
- 2 1⁄2 cups turkey gravy
- 3 cups cooked turkey, chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, divided
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning, divided
- 2 1⁄4 cups buttermilk reduced-fat baking mix
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk, plus
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- In a 3-quart saucepan combine gravy, turkey, peas, mushrooms, chopped dried tomato, water, 1 tablespoon of the parsley and 1/2 teaspoon of the poultry seasoning. Stir occasionally over medium low heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in bowl combine the baking mix, the remaining parsley and poultry seasoning, the pepper and milk. Mix just to blend thoroughly.
- Pour turkey mixture into shallow 2-quart casserole or 9-inch square baking dish. Top it with baking mix mixture, dropping with tablespoon in six equal mounds. Place on baking sheet and bake about 20 minutes until turkey mixture is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Enjoy!
- Makes 6 servings.
Definitely tagged this recipe to make right after Thanksgiving ~ Easy to prepare & OH, so tasty! I did substitute some diced carrots for the mushrooms, but other than that the recipe was followed right on down! It's always nice to find a great recipe like this that can be prepared instead of just setting out all the left overs as is! Thanks so much! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
This was very good. I made a few changes but will make again as written as well. DH had eaten all the gravy so I had to make some brown gravy for this. I didn't use mushrooms but did use carrots and celery. I love the tomatos in this because you get the benefits but no one can tell their are there - I pureed mine. Dh said this tasted like a turkey pot pie.
I really can't imagine why this hasn't been previously reviewed. It's delicious and easy. The time showing is for the baking only and it will take 10-15 mins for the prep. I used Recipe #55564 for the biscuit mix and didn't have sun dried tomatoes so used some red bell pepper for the bits on color. Very tasty and it would be great at any time of the year. Made for Newest Tag.