Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
My sons teacher sent this recipe home. We didn't have leftover turkey this year, so I haven't tried it.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 cup rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 -3 cups leftover cooked turkey
- Combine all ingredients in a large casserole dish. Bake covered 45 minutes at 350.
Hey you guys stole my recipe :-) only mine has broccoli and cheese
My daughter also brought this home from school and was insistent that we make this with our turkey leftovers. I followed the recipe as stated (with uncooked rice), and after 45 minutes covered, it was soupy and undone. I undid the foil and placed it over the casserole loosely and cooked for another 20ish minutes. It was perfect! My family is finicky when it comes to casseroles, but even my picky daughter loved it. I did add some black pepper to the ingredients. Also, I saw where someone else recommended adding bread crumbs as a topping for the last 20 minutes of cooking. I didn't try this but thought it was a good idea. Cute project and tasty recipe!