1 hr 20 mins
This is a treat that can be enjoyed even by the lactose intolerant. An ice cream maker is needed, but I'm sure if you put it in a dish and froze it that way, it'd work too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat goat milk and vanilla on stovetop until almost boiling; while waiting go to next step.
- 2Beat egg yolks and sugar for two minutes; until sugar is almost dissolved.
- 3When the milk mixture starts to come to a boil, take it off the stove and mix in with the egg/sugar mixture.
- 4Stir well until no sugar crystals remain.
- 5Put the ice cream mixture in the refrigerator (about 20-30 minutes) to cool it down.
- 6After it's cooled down a bit, you're ready to make ice cream! Put the mixture into an ice cream maker for 20-30 minutes (I use Cuisinart).
- 7Enjoy your homemade treat!
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goat's Milk Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.2
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 310.0 mg
- Sodium 133.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 44.7 g
- Protein 12.3 g