Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick but very indulgent supper. Makes an ideal emergency dish for surprise guests too. Choose your favourite chutney to go with this - mango, sweet onion, green tomato or chili all work well. The recipe originally calls for individual goats cheeses but a log chopped into chunky slices works well too
- 4 large crusty bread rolls
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons chutney
- 200 g goat cheese, with rind
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Heat oven to 190°C.
- Take each roll and hollow out a space just big enough for the goats cheese. Brush the insides with the oil and bake for 5 mins until crispy.
- Spoon the chutney into the rolls and place the cheese on top. Depending on the cheese you use you may have to remove the top and bottom rind.
- Decorate each roll with a sprig of thyme and cover to roll in foil leaving the cheese exposed.
- Cook for 15 mins removing the foil for the last 5.
This was good, but next time I'll hollow out more of the roll so the cheese and chutney can spread. As I made it these two ingredients were cocentrated in the centre making it quite rich, and while the outside of the rolls were nice and crispy they were also a little dry. I used ginger mango chutney and garlic & herb goats cheese.