Recipe by Jan-Luv's2Cook
Perfect for a light lunch served with salad but can also be served as a starter.
- 170 g premade puff pastry
- 2 (80 g) individual goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon fresh parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat the oven to 200c/Gas 6.
- Beat the egg yolk in a cup and put to one side.
- Roll the pastry until quite thin. You will need to end up with two squares of pastry. Each square being about about 16cm square.
- Cut each pastry in half and roll lighty on a floured board.
- Put one cheese in the middle of each pastry.
- Spoon the pesto on the top of each of the cheeses - dividing it equally between the two.
- Using a pastry brush dip into the egg and brush around the edge of each pastry square.
- Now bring opposite corners of the pastry together in the middle and then bring the opposite corners again together - sealing by pinching together. Better explained when you see the picture.
- Put the parcles on a baking sheet and brush with the beaten egg.
- Now grate the parmesan on top of each parcel.
- Bake in a pre heated oven for about 15 - 20 minutes until the pastry is pale golden colour.
- Serve with a green salad.