Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
These tasty appetizers were a real hit with our guests at a recent open house. Goat's cheese and cranberry make a punchy-creamy duo.
- 1 (375 g) packageready rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 3 (120 g) packages goat cheese, logs such as souignon petit sainte-maure,at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- rocket, to serve
- Preheat oven to 425*F (200*C).
- Lay pastry on floured work surface and cut into 7.
- 5 cm rounds.
- sit the circles on an oiled baking sheet and score a circle about 2.
- 5 cm from the edge of each disc by pressing gently with a 5 cm cutter.
- Pierce the middle with a fork, brush each edge with egg and top with a little cranberry sauce.
- Slice the cheese 5mm thick so that you have a slice per pastry disc.
- (discard end rinds) Lay a slice on each tartlet, then top with thyme leaves, a drizzle of oil and a twist of black pepper.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese is golden and the pastry crispy.
- Cool for 5 minutes and serve warm with a garnish of rocket leaves.
I made these for my X-mas eve dinner. They were delicious, and sooooo easy to make! They kept body and soul together while I got the dinner ready. Thank you for this recipe! It is a great festive appetizer.