Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love the tangy combination of goats cheese and slightly bitter beat leaves. Good alternatives red chard and spinach. I like to serve this with my Cracked Tapas Patatas Braves or a simple salad.
- 200 g spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 6 eggs
- 100 g firm creamy goat cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pan of saltrd water to the boil and cook the beet leaves for just 30 seconds. Drain well and cool under cold water.
- Heat 1 Tbs of the oil in a 30cm non-stick frying pan and cook the shallot and garlic for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the rosemary and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and some salt and pepper. Then stir thoroughly the cooked beet leaves and the onion mixture. Add the remaining oil to the hot pan; pour in the egg mixture and cook for 1 minute or so, stirring until the egg begins to set.
- Crumble the goat cheese over the tortilla and continue to cook over a low heat for a further five minutes until the egg is almost completely set--take care not to burn the underneath.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Place the pan under the grill for a further 2-3 minutes until golden brown and completely set. Slice and serve.