Recipe by Le Bouc
These are called "Goat Nachos" because my nickname is "The Goat" and these are my signature nachos. As a newlywed, with very little money and almost no cooking experience, I created these and they have been a hot request ever since.
Top Review by kady bug
I was just browsing and saw this recipe, my boyfriends mother has been making it for years and it really is incredible (and simple)! But don't forget to layer your cookie sheet with aluminum foil first! The cheese is so hard to get off!
- 8 ounces tortilla chips (appx. 1/2 bag)
- 15 ounces refried beans (I use vegetarian)
- 4 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Layer 1/2 chips on large cookie sheet.
- Place spoonfuls of 1/2 beans on chips.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cheese.
- Layer the rest of chips on top of this and repeat toppings.
- Bake for approximately 5-7 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes until cheese is bubbly and chips are golden.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.