Recipe by Missy Wombat
From Cafe C at Springton in the Barossa Valley. Cooking times are guesses.
Top Review by Queen Dana
This was a great way to prepare goat. I adapted to crock pot and cooked for several hours on low. Left out the chiles and it was still very flavorful, but not too spicy for DH and I.
- 2 kg goat meat, diced
- 8 tablespoons red curry paste
- 4 onions, sliced
- 8 red chilies, chopped (optional)
- 60 g fresh ginger, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1600 g coconut milk
- 8 tablespoons desiccated coconut, toasted
- 20 kaffir lime leaves
- 4 limes, juice of, only
- 1 1⁄4 liters water (rain or spring water is best)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- peanut oil, to taste (for saute)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onions, chillies, ginger and garlic in peanut oil until the onion is transparent.
- Add the curry paste and fry gently for 3 minutes.
- Add the diced goat meat and stir until coated by the paste mixture.
- Add the water and coconut milk, lime leaves and lime juice.
- Simmer until tender.
- Add the toasted coconut and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add seasonings to taste.