Recipe by LoriInIndiana
This sounds like a yummy appetizer! From Southern Living, which states this is great with Mantanzas Creek Chardonnay. However, I wouldn't know as I can't drink the stuff....lol
Top Review by Thymestudio
AWESOME!! I have never made anything like this, but made these for a small party this week and they were perfect. Everyone loved them! I wish I had found this recipe earlier. Absolute keeper!!! ZWT6
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 4 small white onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 frozen phyllo pastry sheets, thawed
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and sugar; cook, stirring often, 30 minutes or until caramel colored.
- Add vinegar and honey; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in thyme.
- Stack phyllo, coating each layer with cooking spray.
- Cut into 6 (5 inch) squares and spoon onion mixture evenly onto center of phyllo squares.
- Top evenly with goat cheese.
- Lift corners and twist together.
- Place packets on a lightly greased baking sheet and lightly spray each packet with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375°F for 12 minutes or until golden.