Recipe by pbrsucks
Goat Cheese Torte
Top Review by EmmyDuckie
Fantastic! The cream cheese mellows the goat cheese just the tiniest bit, which really allows the pesto and sundried tomatoes to come through. I divided mine between two small bowls to make them a little more manageable size, but didn't have quite enough tomatoes to finish the job, so I used roasted red peppers in one. Both were delightful. I'll be making this one again and again.
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 8 garlic cloves, roasted, peeled, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped fine with one tablespoon of marinade or 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- fresh basil, cracked pepper garnish
- sliced French baguettes or good cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix goat cheese and cream cheese, add the garlic, add salt.
- Line a small glass bowl (about 2 - 3 cups) with plastic wrap.
- I always put a little oil in first to help hold it down.
- Put about 1/3 of the goat cheese mix into the bowl.
- Flatten with a well oiled spoon.
- Top this with the pesto.
- Put another 1/3 of the goat cheese mix on top of this.
- Put the sundried tomatoes on this.
- Top with the rest of the cheese.
- Put plastic wrap over the top of this.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, and up to four days.
- To serve, invert bowl on a serving dish. Carefully remove the plastic.
- wrap. Serve with baguettes or crackers.