Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Goat Cheese Torte
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 8 garlic cloves, roasted, peeled, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped fine with one tablespoon of marinade or 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- fresh basil, cracked pepper garnish
- sliced French baguettes or good cracker
- Mix goat cheese and cream cheese, add the garlic, add salt.
- Line a small glass bowl (about 2 - 3 cups) with plastic wrap.
- I always put a little oil in first to help hold it down.
- Put about 1/3 of the goat cheese mix into the bowl.
- Flatten with a well oiled spoon.
- Top this with the pesto.
- Put another 1/3 of the goat cheese mix on top of this.
- Put the sundried tomatoes on this.
- Top with the rest of the cheese.
- Put plastic wrap over the top of this.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, and up to four days.
- To serve, invert bowl on a serving dish. Carefully remove the plastic.
- wrap. Serve with baguettes or crackers.
Fantastic! The cream cheese mellows the goat cheese just the tiniest bit, which really allows the pesto and sundried tomatoes to come through. I divided mine between two small bowls to make them a little more manageable size, but didn't have quite enough tomatoes to finish the job, so I used roasted red peppers in one. Both were delightful. I'll be making this one again and again.
This one gets 10 STARS!!! Very easy and so delicious. I am not a fan of sun-dried tomatoes, but loved them in this. My only regret is I cut the recipe in half, for a small group. It was the hit of the night and was gone too soon!. Made for Spring 2010 PAC.