Recipe by Outta Here
This delicious and different salad dressing is borrowed from Ellen Ogden's book "From the Cook's Garden." It is great on spinach or dark greens, and also makes a cool sandwich spread. This is an "adopted" recipe.
Top Review by Denise!
I have been looking for a tomato based dressing that wasn't sweet, and this was fantastic! I really enjoyed the flavor of the Tarragon vinegar. I served this on spinach salad and I did make some changes. I used Tomato and Basil feta cheese and added some crumbled feta to the dressing after it was finished. I did say a small prayer while the top of the blender was off, but there were no catastrophes ;] This was really outstanding, the whole family loved it! Thanks for posting, moxie!
- 2 ounces goat cheese (without rind)
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 cup fresh tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the cheese, vinegar, basil and garlic in a blender and pulse to combine.
- Add the tomato; puree.
- With the blender running gradually add the oil through lid until the mixture is smooth.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Store in airtight jar in reridgerator for up to 2 weeks; shake well before using.