Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
Quick and easy to put together, this makes a great weeknight meal! Adapted from BH&G magazine.
- 1 (12 inch) prepared pizza crust (Boboli is good)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons ripe olives, pitted, sliced
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano, crushed or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, torn or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Place pizza crust on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- In small mixing bowl combine olive oil, garlic, and pepper.
- Brush generously over the crust.
- Bake in a 400*F. oven for 5 minutes.
- Arrange tomato slices (not overlapping them) in a circular pattern on top of the pizza crust
- Top with the sliced onion and olives.
- Crumble the goat cheese over the tomato slices
- Sprinkle with oregano and basil.
- Bake in the 400*F. oven 8 minutes longer, or until warm and cheese softens.
- Remove pizza from the oven.
- Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts.
- Cut into wedges and serve. Enjoy!
The DM and I thoroughly enjoyed this pizza, I used 2 pita bread slices as my base for individual pizzas, sliced and halved my tomato slices, finely sliced some pink eschallot for onions and only sliced 4 pitted black olives and a 120 grams goat cheese. I used some extra garlic and pepper with the oil to brush on the pita bread and boy those suckers soaked it up and put toppings on as per recipe using fresh herbs from the garden and the result a great crispy based pizza that we really enjoyed. I did have a side serving of Quick Asian-Style Cole Slaw and some garlic bread, thank you Sharon123 for a lovely pizza recipe, made for E#veryday A Holiday.
Very tastey! I left the pizza in too long and the the fresh herbs kinda went a little too crispy but it was still very good. I added extra goat cheese to our pizza. Thanks!
This was a very good pizza! We made a party of several smaller ones tonight (whole wheat crust) and this was one we had on the menu. I brushed my crust with olive oil and roasted garlic. I added some Italian sausage for my meat loving husband and used garlic and herb goat cheese. Made for ZWT4 Italy. Thank you!