Recipe by Psugrl
Recipe from Food Network (Giada) Do Ahead: The toast and cheese can be prepared 2 days prior. Store the toast in airtight container at room temp. Cover and refrigerate the cheese mixture. Let the cheese stand at room temperature for 1 hour to soften before serving.
- 1 baguette, cut into 36 slices (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, finely grated
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Arrange bread on 2 baking sheets.
- Brush olive oil over the bread.
- Bake until bread is golden and crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Blend the goat cheese and cream cheese in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Add the parsley, thyme, and lemon peel.
- Using the on/off button, pulse just to blend.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread cheese mixture over toast.
- Sprinkle with chives and more pepper.