Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
The chicken, goat’s cheese and bacon combo is totally delicious, and the veg adds a welcome sweetness. Serve with a few new potatoes.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, plus 2-3 sprigs
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 8 ounces tomatoes, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 375°F Split the chicken breasts almost in half from one long side and open them out like a book. Bat them out a little with a rolling pin to flatten them. Season on all sides.
- Put half the goat cheese on each piece of chicken and sprinkle with the thyme leaves. Fold the chicken over to enclose the cheese, then wrap each one in two slices of the prosciutto.
- Lightly oil a shallow gratin dish, then arrange overlapping rows of zucchini and tomatoes over the base. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme sprigs. Sit the chicken on top.
- Bake for 40-45 mins until the prosciutto is crisp and golden and the zucchini are tender. Serve straight from the dish with new potatoes or good bread.