1/1 Photo of Goat Cheese Tart
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
From the Loaves and Fishes Cookbook, posted for ZWT III, France. This is a creamy tart with nice flavor. You can adjust the flavor to suit your likings by adding more or less herbs, shallots, etc. I have also made this with a bit less goat cheese and added a layer of sliced potato, which was a very nice addition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 350.
- 2to make the crust, place the flour, butter and margarine into bowl of food processor, pulse till mix is size of small peas.
- 3With motor running, add water all at once. Turn it off as soon as the dough begins to stick together. Do not overprocess.
- 4Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and work quickly into a ball.
- 5Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 6to make filling, melt butter, add shallots and sauté till transparent, about 5 minutes. Set aside. (if using sliced potato, sautee it with shallots till browned).
- 7Place the goat cheese in the bowl of the food processor with the metal blade in place and process till smooth, about 15 seconds. Add the cream and the eggs and mix till well blended.
- 8Add the dill and pepper and blend.
- 9Line a 9 inch tart pan with the dough. Spread the shallots (and potato, if using) evenly over the bottom of the unbaked tart shell.
- 10Pour in the cheese mixture to fill the crust.
- 11Bake for 30-35 minutes or till golden brown and set.
- 12Cut into wedges and serve either hot or at room temp with a green leafy salad.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goat Cheese Tart
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 676.9
- Calories from Fat 494
- Total Fat 54.9 g
- Saturated Fat 29.2 g
- Cholesterol 229.3 mg
- Sodium 500.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 17.1 g