1 hr 30 mins
This recipe was found at FabulousFoods.com where it was credited to Chef Dan Gilmore of the Wuksachi Lodge in the Sequoia National Forest. Serve with Mole Sauce and Salsa Fresca.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine masa, baking powder, and salt in mixing bowl.
- 2Using the paddle attachment of an electric mixer, add butter, cheese, and shortening.
- 3Mix at high speed for 3 minutes-- add water and beat at low speed for 2 minutes.
- 4Scrape bowl and add corn -- beat for 1 minute more.
- 5Wrap dough and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- 6On an open dried corn husk, spread 4oz. masa in a large circle in the middle of husk.
- 7Roll from the sides.
- 8Using strips of re-hydrated husk, tie off both ends tightly.
- 9Steam for 30 minutes.
- 10Serve and top with ancho mole sauce and a side of salsa fresca.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goat Cheese Tamales
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.6
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 784.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: