An original recipe combining a subtle combination of delicate flavors into a surprising richness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 center-cut pork chops (thick cut bone in. 1 -1/2 to 2 inches thick)
- 4 ounces goat cheese, divided (Lively Run is very nice)
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 cup white wine (semi-dry. A good Riesling. Don't cook with what you wouldn't drink!)
- salt and pepper
- 1heat 2 oil and butter over medium-high heat in a skillet.
- 2insert paring knife into chop at end away from bone & open a 2 inch hole almost to bone.
- 3Work knife back & forth until the pocket is almost the full size of chop. Set aside.
- 4Saute celery in melted oil/butter mixture for 3-4 minute. Add chopped onion and saute for 5-6 minutes more.
- 5Remove onions & celery with slotted spoon, reserving as much oil/butter combination as possible. Remove skillet from heat.
- 6Mix 1/2 of the goat cheese and the stripped leaves from 2 sprigs of the thyme with the celery & onion in a bowl & allow cheese to slightly melt from the heat of the vegetables.
- 7When mixture is cool enough to work with (3-5 minutes) divide stuffing evenly and stuff chops. Do not be afraid of over stuffing. Season both sides with salt & pepper.
- 8Return skillet to a medium-high heat and bring to temperature.
- 9Sear stuffed chops, turning once until browned on each side. About 2-3 minutes per side.
- 10Once chops are browned add the 1/2 cup of wine (adjust as necessary. the liquid should reach 1/2 way up the sides of the chops) and the remaining sprig of thyme.
- 11Immediately reduce heat to a simmer and cover.
- 12Cook at simmer 30 minutes or until internal temp is 160.
- 13Once chops are done, remove & keep warm.
- 14Discard thyme sprig.
- 15Increase heat to high & add remaining goat cheese.
- 16Stir pan sauce constantly until reduced by half.
- 17Plate with kluski or egg noodles & green beans. Pour a generous amount of sauce over chops and reserve the rest for you and your partner.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goat Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 794.0
- Calories from Fat 458
- Total Fat 50.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 201.3 mg
- Sodium 459.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 65.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: