An original recipe combining a subtle combination of delicate flavors into a surprising richness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 center-cut pork chops (thick cut bone in. 1 -1/2 to 2 inches thick)
- 4 ounces goat cheese, divided (Lively Run is very nice)
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 cup white wine (semi-dry. A good Riesling. Don't cook with what you wouldn't drink!)
- salt and pepper
- 1heat 2 oil and butter over medium-high heat in a skillet.
- 2insert paring knife into chop at end away from bone & open a 2 inch hole almost to bone.
- 3Work knife back & forth until the pocket is almost the full size of chop. Set aside.
- 4Saute celery in melted oil/butter mixture for 3-4 minute. Add chopped onion and saute for 5-6 minutes more.
- 5Remove onions & celery with slotted spoon, reserving as much oil/butter combination as possible. Remove skillet from heat.
- 6Mix 1/2 of the goat cheese and the stripped leaves from 2 sprigs of the thyme with the celery & onion in a bowl & allow cheese to slightly melt from the heat of the vegetables.
- 7When mixture is cool enough to work with (3-5 minutes) divide stuffing evenly and stuff chops. Do not be afraid of over stuffing. Season both sides with salt & pepper.
- 8Return skillet to a medium-high heat and bring to temperature.
- 9Sear stuffed chops, turning once until browned on each side. About 2-3 minutes per side.
- 10Once chops are browned add the 1/2 cup of wine (adjust as necessary. the liquid should reach 1/2 way up the sides of the chops) and the remaining sprig of thyme.
- 11Immediately reduce heat to a simmer and cover.
- 12Cook at simmer 30 minutes or until internal temp is 160.
- 13Once chops are done, remove & keep warm.
- 14Discard thyme sprig.
- 15Increase heat to high & add remaining goat cheese.
- 16Stir pan sauce constantly until reduced by half.
- 17Plate with kluski or egg noodles & green beans. Pour a generous amount of sauce over chops and reserve the rest for you and your partner.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goat Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 794.0
- Calories from Fat 458
- Total Fat 50.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 201.3 mg
- Sodium 459.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 65.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: