Recipe by Niki Zuidema
This is a Spanish traditional recipe and I had it at a restaraunt in town that serves traditional Spanish tapas. This was a fantastic dish and I just had to find a recipe. I found this online and it looks exactly like what I had. Enjoy!
- 2 (12 ounce) jarsspanish piquillo peppers (make sure you look for Origin of Spain becuase these are going to be the best)
- 5 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- coarse ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Broiler to High.
- With you fingers, gently open the stem end of one of the peppers being careful not to poke through the pepper.
- Carefully stuff about 1/2 teaspon goat cheese inside (it should fill the peppers but not be falling out).
- Continue until all peppers are filled.
- Arrange peppers in a single layer in a broiler-proof glass baking dish.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over them.
- Sprinkle garlic over the peppers.
- Broil for 7-10 minutes or until cheese is soft and bubbly.