Recipe by Corrinne J
This is a yummy, quick and easy appetizer for your Gourmet Football Party or for a Saturday starter before dinner!
- 24 ea. 2-2 1/2 inch white button mushrooms
- 8 ounces bulk Italian sausage (loose)
- 1⁄2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 (5 1/3 ounce) package fresh goat cheese (Chavrie Pyramid plain or Basil and Roasted Garlic)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre – Heat oven to 350°F.
- Clean mushrooms with a soft brush or cloth.
- Remove the stems of the mushrooms and chop in food processor.
- Mix sausage , bread crumbs, 2/3 package of Chavrie and chopped mushroom stems.
- Stuff each mushroom cap with about 1 tablespoons of sausage mixture.
- Place stuffed mushrooms on a baking tray and bake for 15- 18 minutes until sausage is cooked and mushrooms are tender.
- Arrange on a serving platter and top each mushroom with a dollop of the remaining Chavrie and sprinkle with chopped parsley.