Recipe by d-licious
This comes from the Everyday Food Magazine/Website from Martha Stewart. These are delicious and if you have a food processor sooooo easy to make.
Top Review by IngridH
Yum! This was a great appetizer to take to a family gathering. Everyone (except the picky teen and three year old) loved it. This was easy to make, and made a beautiful presentation. I'll definately make again. One comment from the picky teen was that if it was made with cream cheese instead of goat cheese, he would have liked them, so if your crowd doesn't like goat cheese, you have a substitute. Made for PAC Spring 2009.
- olive oil, for baking sheet
- 3 slices white bread
- 1 small garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 5 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- coarse salt, to taste
- 2 (10 ounce) packages white button mushrooms, stems removed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a food processor, pulse bread and garlic until fine crumbs form; set 1/2 cup aside. To food processor, add goat cheese, parsley, and red-pepper flakes. Season with salt, and pulse filling until combined.
- Spoon filling into each mushroom, and roll filled side in reserved breadcrumbs. Place on prepared baking sheet; bake until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.