Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is so yummy! It's great as an appetizer for your next dinner party or for a healthy snack. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 ea. tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 cup cooked long-grain rice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dill
- 1 (4 ounce) package fresh goat cheese (Chavrie Log works best)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar grape leaves
- Heat the oil in a skillet, add the onions and cook over medium heat until the onions are soft and translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and tomato, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the rice.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the dill.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate.
- Meanwhile drain the grape leaves and carefully pull them apart. Put them into a bowl of cold water. Let them soak until you are ready to roll.
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Place a grape leaves on your work surface, shiny side down. Add 1 tablespoon of the rice mixture to the middle of the grape leaf. Along with a thin slice of goat cheese.
- Fold the sides over the rice and roll the leaf into a small log shape, about the size of a cigar.
- Repeat with the remaining rice mixture.
- Place the rolled grape leaves into a casserole dish.
- When all the mixture or cheese is used, cover rolled leaves with several layers of flat grape leaves and pour in 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature and refrigerate.
- Serve well chilled.