Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Paula Deen. Haven't tried yet, but have heard they are great.
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chutney
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley leaves (optional)
- additional goat cheese (optional)
- pecans (optional)
- Halve eggs lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and place in a small bowl.
- Mash yolks with fork and stir in goat cheese, mayonnaise, chutney, pecans and celery.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Fill egg whites evenly with yolk mixture.
- Garnish with parsley, goat cheese and pecans, if desired.
I liked it! I realize this is from Paula Deen, but I think this recipe could be easily improved, because the yolk mixture was too runny, and there was too much of it for stuffing. I would blend the yolks with the goat cheese (and less mayo), pecans and celery. Then, I would put about 1/4 teaspoon of chutney in each egg white half before filling with the yolk mixture. That would work well!