Me and my daughter took a cooking class at our community college called Mediterranean inspired small plates...this is one of the recipes we made and we really liked them...putting it here for safe keeping as I want to make again...Hope you enjoy... The recipe calls for Medjool dates, which are less sugary and more tender...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak toothpicks in water while preparing the dates. Use a sharp paring knife to slit each date lengthwise, and pop out the pit. Snip basil leaves from stems - use sharp scissors to avoid bruising the leaves. For larger leaves, slice in half lengthwise.
- 2Cut prosciutto into strips about 1 inch wide by 4 inches long. For packaged prosciutto this generally means cutting each strip into quarters.
- 3Preheat broiler.
- 4With a small spoon, butter knife, or offset spatula, stuff about 1 teaspoons goat cheese into each date.
- 5Wrap a basil leaf around each date.
- 6Wrap prosciutto over the basil, securing with a toothpick.
- 7Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- 8Broil for about 2-3 minutes, use tongs to turn dates over, and broil another 2-3 minutes until prosciutto is golden and sizzling.
- 9Transfer to serving dishes.
- 10Garnish with fresh basil.
- 11Delicious hot from the over or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates With Basil & Prosciutto
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.2
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 33.5 mg
- Sodium 220.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 27.4 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: