from Williams-Sonoma Bride & Groom Cookbook. When I made it, I had to adjust the cooking time, so I made a change from the original recipe to adjust the cooking time depending on the thickness of the chicken. Tools needed: large saute pan, boning knife, mallet or small frying pan, tongs, parchment/wax paper, and foil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides. Use a boning knife to cut a horizontal incision into each breast, without cutting the breast in half, creating a pocket for stuffing.
- 2Place each chicken breast between 2 pieces of parchment or waxed paper. Pound lightly with a mallet or small frying pan, until each breast is about 3/4 inch (2 cm) thick. When all the breasts have been pounded, rub each piece lightly all over with a little of the oil.
- 3Stuff each pocket with about 1 1/2 Tbsp of the goat cheese, spreading evenly, then follow with 1 slice of prosciutto and 2 sage leaves.
- 4Lightly beat the eggs with the water, set aside. Arrange a plate with the flour, a bowl with the eggs, and a plate with the bread crumbs on a work surface. Dredge each stuffed breast in the flour, shaking off the excess. Dip it into the beaten egg mixture, then dredge in the bread crumbs.
- 5Heat 2 Tbsp of the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot but not smoking, add 2 of the breaded chicken breasts to the pan. Do not overlap the pieces, or the breasts will cook unevenly. Cook for 1 minute, then lower the heat to low and continue to cook for 2 minutes more. Using tongs, keep rotating the chicken breasts on low heat, until they are cooked through.
- 6Transfer the chicken breasts to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm while you cook the others in the same way, adding more oil to the pan as needed. Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goat Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 782.1
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 179.7 mg
- Sodium 642.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 44.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves