Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a yummy spread for crackers or toasted pita bread. Only use fresh spinach and basil. It makes a difference. Please note: Cooking time is chilling time!!
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt (I like to use greek yogurt)
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh spinach, torn, tightly packed
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped (save one whole for garnish)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- Spoon the yogurt onto several layers of heavy-duty paper towels; spread the yogurt to a 1/2 inch thickness. Cover with additional paper towels; let stand for 5 minutes to remove the excess moisture.
- Position the knife blade in a food processor bowl; scrape yogurt into the bowl, using a rubber spatula. Add the goat cheese and olive oil; process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down the sides. Add the spinach, basil, and red pepper; process until the spinach is chopped.
- Spoon the mixture into a bowl; cover and chill at least 2 hours. Serve with assorted crackers.