Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
We love feta cheese and fresh herbs and this fits the bill. The fresh herbs compliment the cheeses to perfection. This dish always is a big hit at parties and makes a beautiful presentation. Quick to put together and great as a make ahead.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup basil pesto
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- sun-dried tomato, slivers
- fresh oregano, sprigs
- Cuban bread or French bread or cracker
- Process first five ingredients together.
- Spread one-third of cheese mixture in bottom of plastic wrap-lined Jell-o mold or 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- Top with pesto.
- Spread one-third cheese mixture over pesto.
- Sprinkle with dried tomatoes; top with remaining cheese mixture.
- Cover and chill for at least an hour.
- Invert spread onto a serving plate, discarding plastic wrap.
- Garnish with fresh oregano sprigs and tomato slivers gently pressed into a decorative pattern over the top of the cheese.
- Serve with bread or crackers.
This is fabulous! I took this to a get together & everyone loved it. In fact, I was told I need to be a caterer because I'm always bringing such great appetizers! I put several springs of oregano on top & it really added some "glam" to it. Try this - you'll friends will thank you for it. Oh, did I mention it's quick to throw together. Thank you Bitsie
I found this in a magazine and didn't want to rewrite it for every email when someone requested it. I'm glad it's here and really fabulous. I even got a cheese hater to love it! Oh, and I always use 4-5 cloves of garlic.
I served this wonderful spread on a large platter with green and red grapes, strawberries and crackers. A beautiful presentation and a delicious treat!