Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Food & Wine
Make and share this Goat Cheese Souffle With Thyme recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 3 1⁄2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, separated, plus
- 3 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Butter a 1-quart soufflé dish. Add the Parmesan and turn the dish to coat it with the cheese.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the flour and cook, whisking, until blended.
- Whisk in the milk, wine, mustard and anchovy paste and cook, whisking, until the sauce is smooth and thick, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the goat cheese and 1 teaspoon of the thyme leaves.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in the egg yolks. Scrape the soufflé mixture into a large bowl and press a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface.
- In a large stainless steel bowl, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until soft peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, fold one-third of the beaten whites into the soufflé mixture; fold in the remaining whites until just a few streaks remain.
- Gently scrape the mixture into the prepared dish. Sprinkle the top with the Cheddar, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of thyme and some pepper. Bake the soufflé in the middle of the oven for about 25 minutes, or until nicely risen and browned on top.