Food & Wine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 3 1/2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, separated, plus
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°. Butter a 1-quart soufflé dish. Add the Parmesan and turn the dish to coat it with the cheese.
- 2In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the flour and cook, whisking, until blended.
- 3Whisk in the milk, wine, mustard and anchovy paste and cook, whisking, until the sauce is smooth and thick, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the goat cheese and 1 teaspoon of the thyme leaves.
- 4Season with salt and pepper and stir in the egg yolks. Scrape the soufflé mixture into a large bowl and press a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface.
- 5In a large stainless steel bowl, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until soft peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, fold one-third of the beaten whites into the soufflé mixture; fold in the remaining whites until just a few streaks remain.
- 6Gently scrape the mixture into the prepared dish. Sprinkle the top with the Cheddar, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of thyme and some pepper. Bake the soufflé in the middle of the oven for about 25 minutes, or until nicely risen and browned on top.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goat Cheese Souffle With Thyme
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.6
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 24.4 g
- Cholesterol 310.7 mg
- Sodium 677.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 32.3 g