Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons currants
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (16 inch) long baguette
- 4 ounces creamy goat cheese
- 4 tablespoons olivada
- 1 (7 ounce) jarroasted red bell peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups arugula
- In heavy non-stick skillet, heat oil over low heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring often until they are tender and light golden (15 to 20 minutes).
- Add vinegar, currants salt and pepper and stir in pan briefly.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Slice baguette into 4 equal lengths.
- Split each horizontally.
- Spread bottoms with goat cheese and tops with olivada.
- Spoon onion jam over the goat cheese, spreading evenly.
- Top with roasted peppers and arugula.
- Set tops on sandwiches and serve.
The olive tapenade is great in these with all the other flavors. I opted to leave the currants out (personal preference).