Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
From BBC Vegetarian Good Food magazine. Another one good enough for company, but easy enough not to pull your hair out making it!
- 1 aubergine, sliced (eggplant)
- 2 yellow peppers, seeded and sliced
- 3 plum tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 140 g puy lentils, rinsed
- 1 red onion, halved
- 1 carrot, quartered
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 -3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 -5 fresh parsley sprigs
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 (100 g) goat cheese, rounds halved
- mixed salad green, to serve
- Heat ove n to 220 degrees Celsius Brush aubergines (eggplants), peppers, and tomatoes with olive oil. Roast on dry baking sheets 30 minutes, turning once.
- Put lentils in a pan with half the onion, carrot, bay leaves, and thyme. Cover with water, bring to a boil and simmer 25 minutes. Drain. Remove carrot and herbs. Combine vinegar and oil, add half to the lentils. Chop remaining onion and add to lentils with chopped parsley.
- Bake chees halves on a baking sheet for 8 minutes. Skin the peppers. Place vegetables and salad leaves on individual plates. Top leaves with cheese halves and drizzle over other half of dressing.