Recipe by spatchcock
This tasty and unusual appetizer can double as a sandwich if you'd like---I used mine as bruschetta. Found at about.com. (I also think you could broil this for a few minutes for a hot sandwich).
- 1 jar marinated goat cheese (I used plain old goat cheese from a local ethnic supermarket)
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted
- 1 yellow bell pepper, roasted
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh basil chiffonade (not dried)
- 1 large baguette
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice baguette into 1 inch slices.
- Spread a layer of goat cheese onto each slice.
- Top with a strip or two of roasted pepper and a few strips of fresh basil.
- If you prefer to serve this as an entree sandwich, just slice your baguette lengthwise, spread with goat cheese and top with roasted peppers and fresh basil.