Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is an easy, quick soup-like entree that I had a ritzy cafe on vacation. I think I'm pretty close on matching it. Great with a nice slice of crusty bread as the ultimate comfort food!
- 3 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 dash onion powder
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chicken broth (salted to taste)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled crisp bacon bits
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley (or fresh)
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 package wonton egg roll wrap
- Put your chicken broth on to boil. Add the parsley, the bacon, and the white pepper.
- While it is coming to a boil, make your raviloli filling by mixing the goat cheese, swiss cheese, beaten egg, garlic and onion powder and 1/4 teaspoons salt in a med. size mixing bowl. Each ravioli takes one wonton wrapper folded in half to make a triangle. Be gentle, because they can tear. Lightly wet with water, two sides of each square, so that when you make your triangle you can seal the edges together. I just keep a mug of water next to me and dip my fingertip in the water each time I need to seal the wonton. It's way easier than using a pastry brush and a lot less messier.
- Place on well rounded teaspoon of filling in the center of each wonton. Dampen the edge and seal. Place the competed ravioli in the boiling broth and cook for 5-7 minute or until done.