Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Food & Wine.
- 3 large plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive, pitted and finely chopped (2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 48 inches flour tortillas
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 4 small scallions, thinly sliced
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- kosher salt
- Make the salsa: In a strainer set in the sink, toss the tomatoes with the salt and let drain for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the tomatoes to a bowl and add the olives, parsley, onion, vinegar, lime juice, hot sauce, garlic and oregano. Mix well.
- Make the quesadillas: Spread the tortillas with the goat cheese and sprinkle with the scallions and pepper; sandwich to make 4 quesadillas.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil. Add the quesadillas and cook over moderately high heat until golden and crisp, about 1 minute per side.
- Transfer the quesadillas to a cutting board and cut each one into 6 wedges. Sprinkle with salt and top each wedge with 1 teaspoon of the salsa.
- Serve immediately, passing the remaining salsa separately.