Recipe by StephanieZ
This tasty, flavorful spread is quick and easy to make but it looks very elaborate and pretty. It is a great appetizer for a crowd. I love that you make it a day (or two) ahead of time, so there is one less thing to worry about the day of the party. The green, red and white colors look especially festive on a holiday buffet. You can also make a half batch in a mini-loaf pan for a small group.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (softened, light cream cheese works just fine)
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried oregano or 4 teaspoons fresh oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup basil pesto
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato packed in oil (cut into slivers for garnish) (optional)
- 5 -8 leaves fresh basil (for garnish, optional, optional) (optional) or 2 -3 oregano sprigs (for garnish) (optional)
- 2 loaves French bread, sliced thin (or crackers)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line an 8 x 4 loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Process the first five ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Spread one-third of the cheese mixture in the lined pan.
- Top with the pesto.
- Spread one-third of the cheese mixture over pesto.
- Spread the chopped, drained sun dried tomatoes next.
- Top with the remaining cheese mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours (or up to 2 days).
- Invert spread onto serving plate. Garnish, if desired, with tomato slivers and/or herb leaves.
- Serve with french bread slices (or crackers).