Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Taken from myrecipes .com and attributed to Southern Living 2009, these sound fabulous! "Instead of pimiento cheese for your party sandwiches, try this filling of creamy goat cheese and crunchy pecans. These sandwiches are great with wine for a fun night with the girls." Crunchy, tangy and hot! I feel a party coming on!
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 14 slices bread, divided
- 1⁄3 cup red pepper jelly (I used hot...)
- Stir together goat cheese, cream cheese, pecans, and parsley.
- Spread on 7 bread slices.
- Spread 7 more bread slices with red pepper jelly; top with cheese-covered bread slices.
- Remove crusts; cut into desired shapes. Serve!
I scaled this down for one sandwich and really enjoyed it. Yummy!