Recipe by alligirl
Taken from myrecipes .com and attributed to Southern Living 2009, these sound fabulous! "Instead of pimiento cheese for your party sandwiches, try this filling of creamy goat cheese and crunchy pecans. These sandwiches are great with wine for a fun night with the girls." Crunchy, tangy and hot! I feel a party coming on!
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 14 slices bread, divided
- 1⁄3 cup red pepper jelly (I used hot...)